Living life happily ever after....one day at a time.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, April 27, 2009

BIG FISH...

It was a spur of the moment idea to take the boys fishing on Saturday afternoon while Ashley went to a dance. So, I threw together a quick dinner before we went so we wouldn't be distracted by growling bellies. Bryson said the prayer to bless the food and as we started eating he says "Oh, no I forgot to ask Heavenly Father to help me catch a fish". So, we all stopped eating and he said another quick prayer asking that he would be able to catch a fish that night. Well, I have to admit I was a little apprehensive about whether or not his prayer would be answered as I have taken the boys to this spot before and never even got a bite, but I tried to have faith, obviously he had more....we had been fishing for a few minutes and Bryson says he is going to reel in his line to make sure his worm is still there, as he reeled in his line he says "I got a fish!" When he pulled it out we all started to laugh because it was the smallest Rainbow Trout I had ever seen. However, I was relieved that at least he could say his prayer was answered even if he had to put it back.
Here is JJ stuggling to pull in his catch of the day....a big log! Hey, what can he say...it looked impressive!
Preston with his catch...not sure if it is the same one Bryson caught 10 minutes before, but he was happy to have caught something.

So, the sun was going down and we were reeling in for the night, when Bryson yells again that he had caught a fish. I assumed that it was the same poor little fish that had been caught and released twice before, but when I looked over and saw the bend in his line I knew that it was bigger. Here he is with the one and only "keeper" of the day he was very happy and his first comment was "I guess he heard my prayer". Thank goodness for the faith of children to humble us adults sometimes.

So, here is the beginning of the gutting, I will spare you the next picture. As you can see they are all smiling right now, the next picture they were not. This was JJ's first cleaning and the boys first witness of how it is done. JJ did a good job with the cleaning and we took it home and grilled it, it was actually very tasty! So, for a last minute throw together outing it turned out to be a good memory for everybody!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. My boys love to go fishing, but we haven't been since we moved back from St. George. Looks like the weather was nice too!

Unknown said...

there should have been blood so how did jj clean that fish, karly must have done it and jj wont let her post that picture.

Welcome to Pennsylvania....